Sunday, January 30, 2011

6 Mascaras I love.

I didn't realize until I put this all together but this is a very Maybelline heavy mascara list.

So these are the mascaras I've used up til now and had the best results with.

Maybelline Falsies Mascara
This is the mascara I'm using right now and I LOVE IT. It doesn't flake unless you fall asleep in it and sleep for 12 hours (like I do sometimes). The waterproof formula is very waterproof. I went from a shoot to an awesome pool
day with my friends and the only things that ran were my Maybelline waterproof eyeliner and a very enthusiastic little boy around the pool. The only kink I've had to work out with this mascara is that it was very thin at first and it would barely coat my lashes at first. A friend of mine also had the same problem with it and we figured out that it just takes time for the formula to thicken a little with use and your desired "falsies" effect takes less time to achieve.

Maybelline Lash Stiletto

I was introduced to this one on the job with my homie Krystle of Krystle Karee Design Studio. I really am very impressed with this one. It actually gives your lashes a naturally long, separated look. This is a lengthening formula and that is exactly what it does. I did find that, as with the majority of long wearing formulas it did dry out my lashes quite a bit, but not as badly as some.


L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

I LOVE THIS ONE. This is a two step formula. The white end goes on first (like white mascara) and the black/ brown,etc. mascara side goes on over it. The white end is the magic part. This is where the "extend" part comes in. If this was a guy I'm not gunna lie ...I'd be a little obsessed. Why? Because not only do you get the
full, long look of lash extensions for waaaayyy less money,the not flaking into your eyes after 4 hours, but you also get protection from the drying effects of the long wearing mascara part, because the white part is what it bonds to instead of your eyelashes! then when you're done, you just wash the suckers off or hold a damp rag to your eyes for a little while ...and they just slide right off your eyelashes!!! If nothing else this mascara is fun as hell!!



Covergirl Lashblast

This is nice and simple. You want thick, fat lashes then get this mascara. In this case I only tried the non waterproof or original formula. I kept thinking tho that I wouldn't want to be stuck in the waterproof version because then I wouldn't be able to urgently wash it the hell off when it started flaking and making me look like I just got poked in the eye a few times. It did last a good few hours before it started to dry out though.

Maybelline The COLOSSAL Volum' Express

I was so excited when companies started coming out with these express set formulas. This is the awesome sophisticated "older sister" to the Lashblast. It's flaky after about a whole day of wear in the non waterproof version, the lash pay off is beautiful, thick, full, sexy, and it's one of the less drying, easier to remove formulas (waterproof and non water proof). It did get better with age though, like the Falsies.
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

I recommend this for teens or anyone who would like to just define their eyes a little. I gave this to my younger sister in a dark brown and the difference is very subtle, but you still find yourself unable to pinpoint what looks brighter about her face when she wears it. This is a good one for natural looks, or days when you don't want to wear a lot of makeup. I love it and it is a permanent part of my kit.

Plus the bottle itself looks like watermelon candy. ^_^
You can get these in JA at many, many pharmacies for $600-$1000. Try them out. These are good mascaras to try.

Just be careful not to use your mascaras for longer than 3 months, and do your best not to share the same tube with someone else. That is just straight up unsanitary and you can develop a host of infections from it. So until there is a mascara condom on the market please politely decline offers to borrow or lend mascara. No matter how well you think you know a person, you don't know whether they are cooking up some pink eye. -_-''


Live Up!!
Love,
Nicki.

No comments:

Post a Comment