Monday, October 25, 2010

If I were a bride...*hint hint* ;)


Soooo... Since the first 3 posts were about the life in "Art. Makeup.Life" , this post can be about makeup. It's about time. Sheesh!!


This is one of a few bridal makeup looks that I like and would totally wear myself. The object of makeup on your wedding day is, at the most basic level, to help you, the bride, look as fresh and flawless as possible for the entire day.

A bride always has a choice as to what kind of look she wants...and that can be anything. There are no rules, but it is always wise to take some time to think about how you'll want to remember yourself looking on your wedding day. Once you're sure what you want go for it!

This look is more of a natural, neutral, fresh look, with dewy skin and a nude pink mouth. I'd sooo wear this look to a wedding. I'd wear it even if I wasn't the bride---heck I'll wear it around the house tomorrow!

The thing with makeup is that you have to exaggerate certain shadows, highlighted ares and features that you want to play up. That can leave you looking too heavily made up in real life but stunning in pictures. With bridal makeup it's the artist's job to create a balance between the two so you can be stunning in real life and your wedding photos.

See what difference removing the lashes makes!?!

I love this stuff!!
Love, Nicki.
p.s.- heeyyyy, good ideaaaaa!!!! how bout I do a bridal blog series of different styles of bridal makeup!!! hmmmm.....






3 comments: