Thursday, October 7, 2010

Procras.....I'll get to it in a sec... soon... tomorrow ...

Procrastination is as dangerous to your life as doing hard drugs. I stand by that statement....soon.... gimmie a sec...



But seriously. I do stand by that. It is a habit that is VERY DIFFICULT to break, and like all bad habits it usually starts off small.

People tend to procrastinate when they have something really important to do that they are afraid to do, or when there's something
bothering them in the back of their mind. Sometimes you don't even know what the thing is that's the REAL issue.


I have just had a jumbo sized not so great event in my life and , hells to the yeah, i have gotten very little done in the past few days. This made me realize how, at least in my case, procrastination is a way to stay somewhat inside my comfort zone. It seems to be a defense mechanism to protect my heart and soul from any more harmful junk or disappointment. Sometimes (well MOSTLY ALWAYS), however, that's not what you need if you want to grow as a human being --- and that's what I want to do. So today I pushed myself a little. Otherwise it'd really easy to do nothing with my life for the rest of my life. That's not a good look.



So today:

I did a little cleaning and organizing. Things were getting a little out of hand. I'm for sure not about to show before pics. lol.
Then I did a light sweep of my room to get rid of the dust bunnies that mirrored the state of my procrastination ravaged mind. (I'm getting into this hahaha!!!)

I also watched the travesty called The Last Airbender today... oh boy. -_- "" Glad I watched it tho.

Then I went to the kitchen and made awesome spicy lentil curry, and my yogurt is a-settin' as I type this bloggy.... which also has taken me a ridiculous amount of time to type hahaha! That's more than i thought I'd get done today, and I'm glad I did it. :D

My name is Nicki, and I'm a procrastinator.

Love, Nicki.

p.s. -You would freaking love my lentils as much as i love Sons of Anarchy. ;) yummy yummy yummy....

2 comments:

  1. Nicky! It's me - Gis!

    OMG how horrible is The Last Airbender? I saw it with the bf and for days we were perplexed as to why we paid to see that horrid film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you watch Airbender because of my description of its horrors?

    ReplyDelete